Zachary Eberhart, Aakash Bansal, Collin McMillan, "The Apiza Corpus: API Usage Dialogues with a Simulated Virtual Assistant." Preprint, 2020.
- Ph.D in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Notre Dame, 2022 (expected)
- Honors/Awards: Arthur J. Schmitt Leadership Fellowship in Science and Engineering
- Selected Coursework: Advanced Computer Architecture, Complexity and Algorithms, Graduate Operating Systems, Natural Language Processing, Data Science, Machine Learning, Pragmatics of Language Usage
- B.A. in Chemistry (Minor in Computer Science), Colorado College, 2017
- Honors/Awards: Dean’s List, cum laude
- Selected Coursework: Computer Organization, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics
- 2017-Present: Graduate Research Assistant
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- Developed a question-answering AI system for API documentation using supervised and reinforcement learning.
- Designed and executed 5 empirical studies of programmer behaviors and preferences, which involved hiring over 100 students, freelance programmers, and professional software engineers.
- 2014-2017: IT Technician
- Colorado Hi-Tech Solutions, Colorado Springs, CO
- Wrote programs to automatically name and sort over 200,000 business documents.
- Performed miscellaneous tasks, including data entry, reception, and technical support.
- Primary Languages:
- Other Languages:
- Java, C, C++, Ruby
- Machine Learning and NLP Tools:
- Keras, Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn, Gensim, NLTK, Pandas, BeautifulSoup
- Application Development:
- Ruby on Rails, React, React Native, Flask, Node.js
Zachary Eberhart, Alexander LeClair, Collin McMillan, "Automatically Extracting Subroutine Summary Descriptions from Unstructured Comments." In the proceedings of 27th IEEE International Conference on Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering (SANER'20), 2020.
Daheng Wang, Meng Jiang, Qingkai Zeng, Zachary Eberhart, Nitesh Chawla, "Multi-type itemset embedding for learning behavior success." In the proceedings of Proceedings of the 24th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery & Data Mining, 2018.
Alexander LeClair, Zachary Eberhart, Collin McMillan, "Adapting neural text classification for improved software categorization." In the proceedings of 2018 IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (ICSME), 2018.
Service and leadership
- 2017-Present: Events Volunteer
- Society of Schmitt Fellows, Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- 2015-2016: Volunteer Pharmacy Technician
- Open Bible Medical Clinic (Formerly TLC Pharmacy), Colorado Springs, CO